Hey there, fellow chocolate lovers! Today, I’m sharing with you my go-to chocolate cake recipe with chocolate ganache. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or just a Friday night treat.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water. The batter will be thin, but that’s okay.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing them from the pans and placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the chocolate ganache, you’ll need:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it just begins to boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until they are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Let the ganache cool for about 10 minutes before pouring it over the cooled cake.
And that’s it! You now have a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate ganache that will satisfy any chocolate craving. Enjoy!