Hey there, fellow bakers! Today I want to share with you my favorite recipe for a classic apple pie with a flaky crust. This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations, and it never fails to impress.
- 1 double pie crust recipe (homemade or store-bought)
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out one pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges with scissors or a knife.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well coated.
- Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pie crust, and dot with butter pieces.
- Roll out the second pie crust and place it on top of the apples. Trim the edges and crimp to seal.
- Cut a few slits on the top crust to allow steam to escape. Brush the beaten egg over the top crust.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
This apple pie recipe is a classic for a reason – it’s delicious! The flaky crust is the perfect compliment to the sweet and tart apple filling. I love serving this pie warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s the ultimate comfort food dessert.
If you’re in the mood for a classic dessert that will please a crowd, give this apple pie recipe a try. It’s easy to make and always a hit.