I recently baked a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and I just had to share the recipe with you. It’s perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, holiday, or just because you’re in the mood for something sweet.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Frost the cooled cake with the cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. It’s the perfect balance of sweetness and spice, and the cream cheese frosting is the perfect complement to the carrot cake. Let me know in the comments if you try it out!