Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, I want to share with you my homemade onion rings recipe. I have been making these for years now and they never fail to impress my family and friends. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Peel and slice the onions into rings. Separate the rings and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and paprika.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and mix in the milk.
- Dip the onion rings into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the onion rings in the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove the onion rings from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
And there you have it – a delicious and easy homemade onion rings recipe that will surely impress your guests. You can also customize this recipe by adding your favorite spices or herbs to the flour mixture. I hope you enjoy making and eating these onion rings as much as I do!