Hey there! Today, I’m excited to share with you my easy homemade hummus recipe.
First of all, let me just say that I’m a HUGE fan of hummus. It’s a tasty and healthy snack that’s perfect for any time of day. I used to buy hummus from the store, but then I realized that making it at home is actually super easy and way more cost-effective.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Water (as needed)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and cumin until smooth.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water (1 tablespoon at a time) until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- Enjoy with pita bread, crackers, vegetables, or whatever you like!
That’s it! See, I told you it was easy. Plus, you can customize the recipe to your liking by adding herbs, spices, or roasted vegetables.
I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out for you. Happy snacking!