Hey guys, who doesn’t love guacamole? It’s the perfect dip for any occasion. Whether you’re having a party or just snacking on your own, guacamole always hits the spot. Today, I want to share with you my go-to recipe for classic guacamole. It’s simple, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the avocado and sprinkle with salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the chopped cilantro, diced tomato, and diced red onion. Mix together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
See, I told you it was simple! The key to this recipe is using ripe avocados and fresh ingredients. Don’t be afraid to adjust the seasoning to your taste. I like mine a little spicier, so I usually add a little extra cayenne pepper.
One tip for keeping your guacamole looking fresh is to press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the dip before refrigerating. This will prevent it from turning brown.
I hope you enjoy this classic guacamole recipe as much as I do! Let me know in the comments if you have any other favorite guacamole ingredients or tips.